[82cat] NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

12

[82cat] NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Jiří Kovalský
Booming Voice: "The Apache NetBeans (Incubating) IDE Community Acceptance Testing (NetCAT) initiative for NetBeans 9.0 is hereby officially declaaaaaared opeeeeeen!" Or, bug hunting season is open!

We are looking for enthusiastic NetBeans community members to test the NetBeans IDE version 9.0 before its release. Apache committers are of course very welcome, but you do not need to be a committer to join NetCAT. If you are passionate about quality, and would like the chance to be the reporter of bugs for a change, NetCAT is for you!

This is the first NetCAT program under the Apache Incubator, and it marks a historic milestone in the life of NetBeans. Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this initiative!

For more information about how to join, and the responsibilities of a NetCAT member, read the wiki page at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+FAQ

Jiří Kovalský and Hermien Pellissier
NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

constantin drabo

At least 😊

I'm in !!

Constantin

?? La Terre est le berceau de l'humanit??, mais on ne passe pas sa vie enti??re dans un berceau. ??
- Constantin????E. Tsiolkovski , p??re de l'astronautique?? et de l'a??rospatiale modernes.

Jiří Kovalský and Hermien Pellissier
NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Ahmad Hosny
Count me in!

Thanks for you time!

Kind regards,
Ahmad Hosny

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 11:31 PM, Ricardo Pacheco <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great, ready to cooperate!!

[...]

Richard Kolb
Hi Jiří.

I would like to join.

regards,
Richard.

On 29 May 2017 at 22:01, Jiří Kovalský <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Kai Uwe Pel
Hello Jiří and Hermien,

I also would like to join to this excellent project.

Thank you

Best regards,
Kai

On 5/29/2017 10:01 PM, Jiří Kovalský wrote:
[...]

Kent Grundström-2
I'll go! Just need to get some lost pieces back into position, my
computer for example as I have been doing some moving around lately!

/Chi

> Surprised!! I'm waiting for this..
>
> Regards,
> vidhya
>
> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Kai Uwe Pel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Jiří and Hermien,
>>
>> I also would like to join to this excellent project.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Kai
>>

>> On 5/29/2017 10:01 PM, Jiří Kovalský wrote:
>>
>> Booming Voice: "The Apache NetBeans (Incubating) IDE Community Acceptance
>> Testing (NetCAT) initiative for NetBeans 9.0 is hereby officially
>> declaaaaaared opeeeeeen!" Or, bug hunting season is open!
>>
>> We are looking for enthusiastic NetBeans community members to test the
>> NetBeans IDE version 9.0 before its release. Apache committers are of course
>> very welcome, but you do not need to be a committer to join NetCAT. If you
>> are passionate about quality, and would like the chance to be the reporter
>> of bugs for a change, NetCAT is for you!
>>
>> This is the first NetCAT program under the Apache Incubator, and it marks
>> a historic milestone in the life of NetBeans. Don't miss the opportunity to
>> be a part of this initiative!
>>
>> For more information about how to join, and the responsibilities of a
>> NetCAT member, read the wiki page at
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+FAQ
>>
>> Jiří Kovalský and Hermien Pellissier
>> NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Giuseppe Tino

Hi again guys,
great news, I'm in!

--
Giuseppe

On 29-May-17 22:01, Jiří Kovalský wrote:
[...]

NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Yannis - Pastis “mrpc” Glaros
Great news!
Count me in too!

Hi again guys,
great news, I'm in!

[...]

Alied Pérez Martínez
Registered and subscribed. Standing by.

On 05/29/2017 05:01 PM, Jiří Kovalský wrote:

> Booming Voice: "The Apache NetBeans (Incubating) IDE Community
> Acceptance Testing (NetCAT) initiative for NetBeans 9.0 is hereby
> officially declaaaaaared opeeeeeen!" Or, *bug hunting season is open!*
>
> We are looking for enthusiastic NetBeans community members to test the
> NetBeans IDE version 9.0 before its release. Apache committers are of
> course very welcome, but you do not need to be a committer to join
> NetCAT. If you are passionate about quality, and would like the chance
> to be the reporter of bugs for a change, NetCAT is for you!
>
> This is the first NetCAT program under the Apache Incubator, and it
> marks a historic milestone in the life of NetBeans. Don't miss the
> opportunity to be a part of this initiative!
>
> For more information about how to join, and the responsibilities of a
> NetCAT member, read the wiki page at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+FAQ
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cwiki.apache.org_confluence_display_NETBEANS_NetCAT-2BFAQ&d=DwMFaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PQcxBKCX5YTpkKY057SbK10&r=lNbsjsPBIlkvLk3cCo-v9Cl8OCHz_BBqfpuXTKAlzb4&m=kvGaSqwBFRyJcdJ36MZfUNxbM-PZvi2bJx1iE5rJPEQ&s=wlMixjw4Zs5fqE-JEDkuzEpK16j8Zqe0UnIsVrngKnI&e=>
>
> Jiří Kovalský and Hermien Pellissier
> NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

0x5122EAC4.asc (3K) Download Attachment

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Anton V. Kirilchik
I am in.

--
Best regards,
Anton V. Kirilchik

E-mail: [hidden email]
Skype: kosmonaFFFt.kav

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Eric Barboni-2

Hi,

Count me in.

Eric ( skygo on apache)

Eric Barboni | Research Assistant | T : 33.561.55.6964

ICS Team | IRIT | 118 route de Narbonne | 31062 Toulouse | France

[hidden email]

--

Best regards,
Anton V. Kirilchik

E-mail: [hidden email]
Skype: kosmonaFFFt.kav

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Mario Pérez
Woooooooo :)
Count me in!!
Cheers!!!

[...]

NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Luca Mambretti
I'm in!!

Luca.

NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Atul Palandurkar
Great News!

I am in for first Apache NetBeans Community Acceptance Testing and will try to get few more members from community.

Thank you & warm regards.

Aatul S. Palandurkar
(091) 976-621-0353
[hidden email]

Book :
NetBeans IDE How-to [Instant]

Awards :
  • Best Entrepreneur for Corporate Training in India 2015
  • Best Individual Professional at Global Nagpur Summit 2015

Blog :

Links :

Member :

DO NOT PRINT THIS MAIL UNLESS REQUIRED. SAVE PAPER, SAVE EARTH

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Manikantan Narender Nath <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Jiří (or anybody else who can answer)
Is Netbeans 9 already set to for Java 9 as runtime? I updated and
compiled latest JDK 9 and updated to the latest Netbeans nightly, but
I'm having this error:
alied@development:~/netbeans-dev/trunk/bin$ ./netbeans
May 30, 2017 10:00:09 PM org.netbeans.ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory register
SEVERE: No way to find original stream handler for jar protocol
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make field
transient java.net.URLStreamHandler java.net.URL.handler accessible:
module java.base does not "opens java.net" to unnamed module @3c0ecd4b
    at
java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:337)
    at
java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:281)
    at
java.base/java.lang.reflect.Field.checkCanSetAccessible(Field.java:175)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Field.setAccessible(Field.java:169)
    at
org.netbeans.ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory.register(ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:82)
    at org.netbeans.JarClassLoader.<clinit>(JarClassLoader.java:141)
    at org.netbeans.MainImpl.execute(MainImpl.java:178)
    at org.netbeans.MainImpl.main(MainImpl.java:85)
    at org.netbeans.Main.main(Main.java:83)

I'm guessing it's not ready yet, is it? if you need someone for testing
Java 9 (as it's being developed) I volunteer. Also, is there already
support for Maven and Java 9?

Yes, those are many questions, but I'm so excited to be back...

Saludos desde la Argentina.
Alied.

On 05/29/2017 05:01 PM, Jiří Kovalský wrote:

> Booming Voice: "The Apache NetBeans (Incubating) IDE Community
> Acceptance Testing (NetCAT) initiative for NetBeans 9.0 is hereby
> officially declaaaaaared opeeeeeen!" Or, *bug hunting season is open!*
>
> We are looking for enthusiastic NetBeans community members to test the
> NetBeans IDE version 9.0 before its release. Apache committers are of
> course very welcome, but you do not need to be a committer to join
> NetCAT. If you are passionate about quality, and would like the chance
> to be the reporter of bugs for a change, NetCAT is for you!
>
> This is the first NetCAT program under the Apache Incubator, and it
> marks a historic milestone in the life of NetBeans. Don't miss the
> opportunity to be a part of this initiative!
>
> For more information about how to join, and the responsibilities of a
> NetCAT member, read the wiki page at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+FAQ
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cwiki.apache.org_confluence_display_NETBEANS_NetCAT-2BFAQ&d=DwMFaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PQcxBKCX5YTpkKY057SbK10&r=lNbsjsPBIlkvLk3cCo-v9Cl8OCHz_BBqfpuXTKAlzb4&m=kvGaSqwBFRyJcdJ36MZfUNxbM-PZvi2bJx1iE5rJPEQ&s=wlMixjw4Zs5fqE-JEDkuzEpK16j8Zqe0UnIsVrngKnI&e=>
>
> Jiří Kovalský and Hermien Pellissier
> NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

0x5122EAC4.asc (3K) Download Attachment

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Scott Palmer-3
I ran on macOS with JDK 9 and it didn’t seem to have any issues launching, other stuff doesn’t work, but that’s why I’m here ;-):

Product Version: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 201705290001)
Java: 9-ea; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 9-ea+171
Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 9-ea+171
System: Mac OS X version 10.12.5 running on x86_64; UTF-8; en_CA (nb)
User directory: /Users/scott/Library/Application Support/NetBeans/dev
Cache directory: /Users/scott/Library/Caches/NetBeans/dev

Regards,

Scott

On May 30, 2017, at 9:11 PM, Alied Pérez Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<0x5122EAC4.asc>

[82cat] Re: NetCAT 9.0 breaking news

Brett Ryan
Yeah, I reported several errors, they are due to updates to Xerces in JDK 9.

NetBeans will start with JDK9 but not function correctly, this was with build 201705170001.