6.7.1 crashed with an Out of Memory error, and now hangs at startup.

6.7.1 crashed with an Out of Memory error, and now hangs at startup.

Bonnie MacKellar
HI,

I'm trying to develop something with VisualJSF in 6.7.1, and at some
point my application crashed with an OutOfMemoryException: PermGen
space exception. I restarted, but NetBeans completely freezes after
and Settings\mackellb\.netbeans\6.7\config\Preferences\org\netbeans\modules\projectui.properties,
thinking that is where it NetBeans keeps track of open projects (my
hypothesis being that one of the open projects is causing NetBeans to
hang). That didn't work. I also tried completely clearing out
C:\Documents and Settings\mackellb\.netbeans\6.7\var, but that didn't
help either. I guess my next recourse is to completely reinstall it -
but I thought maybe someone on this list would have some ideas first.
Where else does NetBeans hang onto open projects? I notice that it
displays all my open file names in tabs at startup, before it hangs -
so it is getting that info from somewhere.

thanks,
Bonnie

Bonnie

Re: 6.7.1 crashed with an Out of Memory error, and now hangs at startup.

Bonnie MacKellar
I had already tried deleting the var folder, which did not help. I
eventually discovered that I need to delete the config\Windows2Local
directory. That did the trick.

I am wondering what the chances are of this happening again, though.

Bonnie MacKellar