199 currently signed up to dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

Hi all,

If you’re interested in working on NetBeans IDE itself and discussing its roadmap and ongoing process at Apache, there’s a great new mailing list for that purpose:

Right now, there are 199 subscribed to that mailing list.

In time, [hidden email] will disappear — and one of the new mailing lists, especially for those working on the ongoing development of NetBeans, will be [hidden email].

At the same time, those wanting to discuss and ask questions as users of NetBeans IDE tools, including the NetBeans Platform, will make use of a single mailing list — [hidden email].

Thanks — and please join in the discussions about the state and future of NetBeans, via [hidden email].

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands

Re: 199 currently signed up to dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org

Charles Bedon
Hello All,

This might sound silly, but in case you don't know *exactly* how to
subscribe to the mailing lists, just *send* an email to
[hidden email]  or
[hidden email] depending which one you
want to subscribe to. I used SUBSCRIBE as subject, but it seems that
it's not strictly necessary to do so.

Kind regards,

--
Charles Edward Bedón Cortázar
http://www.neotropic.co | Network Management, Data Analysis and Free
Twitter<http://twitter.com/kuwaiba>
Linux Registered User #386666

Re: 199 currently signed up to dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com
Thanks Charles and you’re 100% correct — that’s how to join the mailing lists at Apache, where all the discussions are taking place.

If you’re using NetBeans in some way, i.e., as a developed on top of NetBeans or as a user of Java in NetBeans or JavaScript in NetBeans etc, send a mail with whatever content you like to [hidden email].

If you’re interested in influencing the roadmap and direction of NetBeans or in contributing to NetBeans in some way, , send a mail with whatever content you like to [hidden email].

…as described here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/How+to+Participate

In time, all the xxx.netbeans.org mailing lists will disappear — the sooner you move over to the apache.org mailing lists the better.